Thursday 8 September 2011

The season starts again


I am sat here looking out over the fields. If you ever wonder what it is like then look no further than here http://www.mc-gregor.org.uk/webcam.html 
That is the view from my study and this is the view in my study, including me. Don't look too much like Santa just now as I have trimmed by beard.

Been a boring couple of weeks without any games. Not too interested in the international games. After spending half my life in Scotland & with a Scottish father, I support Scotland. Not qualifying for a tournament for a number of years has dampened my interest in these games. I get depressed enough watching Sunderland, don't need more punishment by watching Scotland. I was pleased to see a old boy of ours scoring for the England under 21's. Remind me why we let Waghorn go? I can't understand why it has not worked out for him at Leicester but good luck to him at Hull.



So, Chelsea on Saturday. Feeling like a new start to the season. We have a new lad that we are all looking forward to seeing, Bendtner. Farewell to Anton, who was playing well in defence. Now it is the old game of who will play were. If Bendtner plays, who will be left out?  I would drop Catts, lot of effort achieving little & the risk of ending with 10 men. Who will take the place of Anton. Also is Gyan fit? He did not play on Monday against Brazil, fingers crossed. Talking of Gyan, we need to show him that we want him, so you guys who are there let him know how much we want him.

As for Anton, I think there is only 1 person to replace him Titus. I see that Titus & Bramble played in the reserves victory over the Mags this week (4-3). Saturday is not a good game for Lynch to play in but I see Bruce is not going to let him go off on loan. Sounds like Bruce has plans for him this season.

Talking of loans, twitter is a great boon to us  not in the NE. One of the youngster let it slip that Adams was off to Brentford before the club announced it. Adams was down their last night saying he was settled in. Today There were pictures of Bendtners welcome to the club from a couple of young injured first teamers. http://lockerz.com/s/136841085 Obviously they have too much time on their hands. Nice to see the team spirit though.

Why I have brought twitter up is that in this age where the footballers don't seem to be part of the community. They don't as in times gone by live just down the street or travel on the same bus as you do, if they ever did in reality. It does make you feel a little closer to them, reading their banter & what they are getting upto or the things they can publish. I have noticed this season a big drop in the first team using it. Gyan, Anton and others were often on. The main user now is Titus, maybe again injured and too much time on his hands.

Saturday, against my favourite team, not. Chelsea have hugely talented players and so why do they have to be one of the dirtiest, childish, spoilt pains the bums ever? They scythe players down, kick them in the chest and complain if the ref wags his finger at them. Take the ball off them and it must of been a foul, they then cry buckets to the ref. No thanks, almost any team but them.

I do think we will score, maybe 2-2 or we could scrap a win. Who's betting against a hat trick for Gyan. That's what's supporting is all about,  dreaming the improbable, but its not impossible.

Right then off to boil my haggis, peel the tatties & neeps. Time for a filling meal.





No comments:

Post a Comment