Thursday 29 September 2011

Just another week for SAFC

Wednesday was a good day watching the seals at the yearling beach. Sannick Beach (photos).  This is where the immature seals come to play at being naughty and the older ones look on in disgust. In a few weeks they will round Duncansby Head for the real breading beach by the adults and low betide any young'uns who try to interfere. Then today walk along Keiss beach with one of the other dogs, while the other was being x-rayed for her back. Oh and Bramble managed to get himself in trouble again. Another player down.

West Brom, Saturday. Firstly, great to have a Saturday game, seems to of been ages since we last had one. Secondly,  I have real bad memories of Baggies games. Remember the away game in April 2009. That was the day of my eldest daughters wedding. She is a season ticket holder, her husband and all of her family are, yes for the Baggies. My speech was full of gibes at them, how that back fired, beaten 3-0. Never mind by 4 in the morning all was forgiven.



They have not had a great start but neither have we. If we are not to get into a relegation battle then it is the likes of the Baggies who we should be beating.  After Monday, I don't feel confident at all. Add into the equation that we have now lost Bramble, maybe for good. That is 2 of our back line out, Bardsley is still out, last game I think. Strange that after having a glut of centre backs we are now short of them.  I think Turner is injured and so we should try young Laing, making a defence of O'Shea, Brown, Laing, Rico. Let's try something radical, play on the right a right sided player and on the left, a left sided player, yes Larsson right & McClean left. McClean has been on the bench for the past few games and so Bruce must feel as if he is ready. The other 2 in midfield Vaughan & Colback, Colback to add that bite into midfield and is not so liable to be sent off. I hate to say it but Sess has not been playing well and so try starting with Wickham with of course Bendtner.

Am I looking forward to Saturday, nope not at all. My head and my heart are pulling in totally different directions. My heart goes with we are going to be great and play them off he park. My head tells me not again, here comes another defeat, can i bear to watch it? The heart will of course will win, that is why I am still here, that is why I am writing this. Sunderland won my heart many years ago.

I will ask you as I asked in my last blog, you need to help the lads, they can't hear me from up hear. You need to do it for, for you and for the lads and so lets hear it

Ha'waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the Lads


2 comments:

  1. Well Gerry with the injuries of Wickham and Larson it's gonna be even more difficult a task now mate.
    Bennas123

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree. Seems as if Turner is in for bramble. With Larsson out we need McClean even more. It will be a even more nervous weekend

    ReplyDelete