Friday 16 March 2012

Pleasant Days

Once again I return after an absence. I had meant to start this earlier today but the joys of a bright afternoon up here and calling into a Maltese restaurant, yes up here, was too much of a pull.

Derby weekend I was in Inverness at Scot LibDem Conference. Should I speak in a debate or watch the match. Well I did tell the party leader, Willie Rennie, that he had to keep his speach short as I wanted to leave to watch the match. He did finish on time my blog on the conference & the real world. Liverpool weekend in Glasgow at the Hirschsprung's Support Group meeting. Callum, a young member of the group & a Mackem kept me up to-date with the match. A great meeting & a great result. My blog on this meeting too HMDSN Meeting . In between Inverness & Glasgow we had a detour via Isle of Mull. Some detour but well worth it. Now back home and all of these things settled, I can get down to writing this blog.

A moral win over the Mags, a crazy goal against Liverpool leaves us in 8th place. We hear Bruce slagging us off, not enough time, because he was a Mag. You can hardly get him off the sports pages, must be after another job. One small point about the derby game, could not believe it when Sess slapped Tiote. It is a disgrace that no action was taken against Tiote. He seems to be able to kick others at will, with no action being taken against him. Then his head holding was a disgrace. We have missed Sess's skill up front. He scares most defences which leaves space for the midfield to take advantage of though.

Tomorrow is going to be hard, Goodison is not my favourite ground, very bad memories. That game when McShane could not stand up and I walked out after the 6th goal. The next year 3-0, not a great place for us. We will miss Sess, as I mentioned earlier he scares folks.  Hopefully Campbell's pace will also scare them. O'Neil seems to be confident that Bendtner will be fit enough to play but we will see. Richardson seems as if he is out so another chance for Bridge to show he is worth his wages, I don't think he has yet. So apart from this change I can't see any other.

This is another change from Bruce's day, we basically know who will play weekend week out.  At times we may not like the formation, the hit them on the break but remember this is still Bruce's team and the formation is a winning one. I am pleased that Martin did not go out in January and make any hasty buys. Lets find out what we have in the squad and what type of player is needed. Spend from now until August looking at who maybe available and if they will fit into the team. If this happens, then what a wonderful change, no 12th hour loan deals. The time to judge Martin and his team will be at the end of next season when we will be able to see the way that Martin wants it play. Even at that time it will not be Martin's true team, it will take more than one transfer window for it to appear but by then we will have a picture of what martin is trying to achieve.

Marty's party i think will see us win. I have gone for 1-2 to us.


So come on                                     Let's Party with Marty

&

Ha'waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 
the Lads



No comments:

Post a Comment