Tuesday 31 January 2012

Busy Time for the Lads


Busy couple of weeks ahead for us. Good job I am living in a area where life can be taken easy. Mind we do have our troubles, as I am writing this our internet is down. Been down for a couple of hours now, apart from a brief 10 minutes of working. I do have a phone that I can use for the internet but being remote a very slow connection.

Well Martin has been busy little bee today. Not sure how many of these loan deals the club has been working on but seems as if one has gone though and the second might.  Seems as if we have been without a proper left back since 2005/6 season, why? When I first heard Wayne Bridge was to be our first signing, I was not impressed. Then as usual I engaged brain, always helps to do that. Loan signing, was good at one time, so why not again. Martin's arm around him, telling Wayne how great a player he is and it was all the fault of that immoral git Terry. The rumoured signing depending on medical is a centre half,  Sotirios Kyrgiakos. A Greek international who has had a few clubs including Rangers & Liverpool. Don't know too much about him except that he can also play as a striker when needed. Handy player in our situation. The only area that we're really need adding to is a striker and so far no one on the horizon if the rumours of Davis signing a new contract at Bolton are true.

I think we got the result on Sunday that we did not really want, a draw. At least we are still in it when the Mags are not. We can only improve on Sunday's game. The main area that failed was midfield, we were just not in there. We definitely missed Cattermole & maybe Bendtner to hold up the ball. Catts give us the bite in midfield that is neither Vaughan's or Gardner's game. I think playing them both was a mistake and would of preferred to of seen Meyler in there. Wickham was not his usual self either which is a little worrying. Let's hope it is just Conner being match rusty.

Tomorrow's game will not be an easy one. Newly promoted club, just above us, like us has some good results and some bad ones too. Putting my faith in Martin I think we can do it. What I am finding hard is to work out is the team. Looks like Catts & Brown are both out. They were having scans today and so can't see them playing tomorrow.  So back line Bardsley, O'Shea, Turner, Richardson with Mignolet in goal again. Mind Mignolet was a bit suspect on Sunday but I think MON will keep faith in him. Midfield lets guess at Larsson, Gardner, Meyler & McClean. We could have Bridge at LB and Richardson on the left to give McClean a break, but maybe too early to start Bridge. Can't be match fit, can he? Upfront will be the same two, Sess just behind Wickham. I think that Wickham will have to show some of the spark that he had before the injury. I do expect to see Campbell at some point. I think it is too early in his recovery to play a full 90 mins.

If you push me for a score, it will be the safe 2-1 to us. This will be a good win for us as it would move us up at least 1 place, maybe 2 overtaking our second string team, Stoke, making us 8th. If we finished there at the end of the seasons I would be overjoyed. To be honest anywhere above 18th would do me after our start.

Oh well internet still down, fault at Edinburgh exchange, randomly cutting off exchanges in Scotland & Northern England. I will post this when I can. As I am offline, can you tell me have we signed Messi?

Can I say that a young lad of a guy I know has started a SAFC tweeter account, so can you please follow him @SunderlandNews  Very worthwhile, also he has a bet on with his Hammers friend that more will follow him. Can't let a mackem loose can we?



Ha'waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 
the Lads

p.s. shame we did not sign Messi


No comments:

Post a Comment